Avocado is incredibly nutritious fruit with healthy fats and mono-saturated fats that are beneficial for your overall health.
Packed with nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, this face mask can lighten the appearance of dark spots, treat skin ailments and tighten your skin texture.
Benefits of Avocado Face Mask
- Hydrating abilities residing in this facial mask can help you to get rid of dry itchy patches.
- Vitamin B, vitamin E, and amino acids packed in avocado fruit reduce wrinkles and encourage production of elastin.
- It contains more potassium than a banana, which helps to regulate water in your cells.
- Polyhydroxylated fatty alcohols present in avocado protects your skin from harmful radiation and enhance DNA repair.
- This homemade facial mask inhibit excess producing enzyme and thus prevents oily skin.
- Antioxidant content in avocado face mask can effectively inhibit production of melanin and removes sun tan.
- Study proves that topical application of this ingredient can fasten the healing process.
- Assorted vitamins and minerals packed in the avocado facial mask can effectively treat various chronic skin aliments.
10 Homemade Avocado Face Mask Recipes
#1 Avocado and coconut oil Face Mask
Coconut oil is extensively used in many beauty products for it has antibacterial and antifungal properties. Its topical application hydrates and nourishes your skin.
It penetrates into deeper layers of your skin and promotes collagen production.
- Take a bowl, mash ½ an avocado with a fork.
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut and 1 tablespoon aloe vera, mix all the ingredients until it forms a fine paste.
- Apply the avocado face mask with fingers, leave to dry it about 10 minutes.
- Remove the paste by washing it with warm water.
#2 Avocado and Apricot Face Mask
Apricots are a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, dietary fiber, copper, and potassium. It helps to tighten your face and reduce the appearance of pores.
- Take ½ an avocado and apricot chunks, place in a blender.
- Blend the ingredients until everything is completely combined.
- Apply the paste to your face allow the mask to dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your skin with warm water.
#3 Avocado and Egg White Face Mask
Egg white has astringent property that helps to shrink your skin pores and makes your skin firm. This pack helps to remove sun tan and also whiten your skin.
Regular application of this facial mask will remove excess oil and other impurities on your skin.
- Separate the two egg whites from the yolks. Take a bowl, mash ½ an avocado with a fork, and mix all the ingredients until egg whites and avocado are completely combined.
- Apply the mask with fingers on the face, leave to dry it for about fifteen minutes.
- Remove the paste by washing it with warm water.
#4 Yogurt and Avocado Face Mask
As yogurt comes from milk it contains calcium, vitamin B-2, vitamin B-12, magnesium, and potassium. Lactic acid present in yogurt help to remove dead skin cells, tighten pores and lighten the appearance of dark spots.
- Take a bowl, mash ½ an avocado with a fork, and add 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt.
- Mix the ingredients until you obtain smooth paste.
- Apply the paste or gently rub on the forehead, nose, cheeks, eyes, and chin.
- Leave it for about 10-15 minutes and remove the paste by washing it with warm water.
#5 Avocado and Oat Meal Face Mask
Oats are rich in vitamins and minerals, such as manganese, copper, iron, vitamin B, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium, and zinc. It can remove dead skin, reduce inflammation and nourish your skin.
- Take a bowl, mash ½ an avocado with a fork, add 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, and mix all the ingredients until oatmeal and avocado are mixed thoroughly.
- Apply the avocado and oatmeal mask directly onto your already-cleaned face in circular motions and gently massage your face for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the paste by washing it with normal water.
#6 Avocado and Honey Face Mask
Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it is great for acne treatment and prevention. It is rich in vitamins and minerals like vitamin B, calcium, potassium, thiamin, niacin and zinc. It rescues you from suffering from dry and flaking skin.
- Take a bowl, mash ½ an avocado with a fork, add 2 tablespoons of honey, and mix the honey and avocado until they form smooth paste.
- Apply the avocado mask and leave it about fifteen minutes, after wash it out with warm.
#7 Avocado Honey and Lemon Face Mask
Lemon is rich in vitamin C and citric acids, which helps in lighten and brighten your skin.
Honey and lemon juice together will lighten the skin tone. This combination will help to clear dark skin, tighten the pores and prevent from wrinkles.
- Mash ½ avocado with a fork, add 2 tablespoons of honey, and 2 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply this paste on your face.
- Leave it for about 15-20 minutes and remove the paste by washing it with lukewarm water.
#8 Avocado, Banana and Egg Face Mask
Banana contains potassium, vitamin E, and vitamin C helps to promote clear and glowing skin. Eggs have astringent property that helps to shrink pores and tighten your face.
This pack helps to remove sun tan and also brighten your skin.
- Take a bowl, mash ½ avocado with a fork, and mix all the ingredients until banana, egg whites and avocado are completely mixed.
- Apply the mask with fingers on the face, leave to dry it for about 10 minutes, after wash it out with warm water.
#9 Avocado, Turmeric, and Yogurt Face mask
Turmeric is a natural beauty treatment that can reduce scar and dark spots. It also contains anti-o
- Take 1/2 cup of avocado and mix 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice.
- Apply the past on your face and leave it for 30 minutes then wash it with warm water.
xidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help to provide skin texture.
#10 Avocado Cucumber Face Mask
Cucumber contains an ascorbic acid and caffeic acid which helps to reduce skin irritation.
- Mash the avocado as in the above recipe; add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon of yogurt to the bowl mix it with a fork until you get a smooth
- Apply this paste to your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it out with warm water.